Attending Workhuman Live
It’s almost showtime! Here are some essential resources to help you make the most of your conference experience.
Before the conference
Beyond packing your suitcase (don’t forget your toothbrush!), there are a few things to do before the conference.
Staying in Atlanta
Pools. Rooftop restaurants. Spas. The hotels near the conference center offer a range of great amenities.
Visit our travel and housing page to see our hotel blocks and explore your transportation options. Our discounted hotel rates may have ended, but you’re encouraged to stay at the same hotels as your fellow attendees!
Choosing your sessions
There are more than 60 sessions to choose from (and countless insights to gain). Coming with colleagues? Consider attending different sessions and comparing notes later.
Follow these steps to start building your agenda:
- Register for Workhuman® Live.
- Log in to your account on the Agenda page.
- Search sessions by filtering by day, time, content track and more.
- Favorite the sessions you’re interested in by clicking the star icon (please note that this does not save you a seat). Click the chair icon to reserve your seat and add it to your agenda. Sessions are filled on a first-come basis. Change your mind? You can modify your session selections at any time, even during the conference.
Submitting your vaccine card (CrowdPass)
The safety of attendees, employees, speakers, sponsors, and partners is paramount to us. And since we believe the most effective way to ensure everyone’s safety is to be vaccinated against COVID-19, proof of vaccination is required for entry into Workhuman® Live. To make that as easy as possible for you, we’re using CrowdPass, a digital-health clearance platform.
To sign up:
- Go to this CrowdPass link
- Click register
- Complete the health screening form
- Upload proof of vaccination in step
What to expect
- A QR code will be issued and sent to the email used in account creation
- Upon arrival at the GWCC in Atlanta, enter the queue for ID and Covid vax check.
- Your QR code will be scanned from your personal device and your ID validated
- Once confirmed, you will proceed to WHL check in for badge receipt
Using the Workhuman Live app
With the app, you can:
- view, add, remove, and change sessions from now until the
last day of the event
- upload your vaccination information into Crowdpass to get
your verified QR code
- create a Braindate profile to connect with other attendees
(more on that below in the “Networking with your humans section”)
- explore a map of the conference center
During the conference
No one likes being lost or hangry. Here’s what you need to know so you can relax and enjoy every minute of Workhuman Live.
Dressing for the occasion
Business casual has taken on a whole new meaning in the past two years (hello, PJ pants). When you’re packing your bag for Workhuman Live, wear what makes you comfortable, but maybe keep your favorite pair of sweatpants at the hotel!
When you’re packing shoes, consider function over fashion because there’s so much to do and see at Workhuman Live. Atlanta will be hot, but convention centers can get cold, so bring layers so you can adjust to the varying temperatures!
Getting to the conference center
The official Workhuman Live conference hotels are all within walking distance of the Georgia World Congress Center. For your convenience, we’ll also have shuttle buses running multiple loops a day from the conference hotels to the Congress Center.
Shuttle routes by hotel
|Hotel||Route||Shuttle Boarding Location at hotel|
|AC Hotel Downtown||1||Load on Andrew Young International|
|Atlanta Marriott Marquis||3||Load at Marriott Marquis Motor Lobby|
|Bellyard Hotel Midtown||5||Load on Interlock Ave: Tuesday 7:30-8:30 AM, 4:30 -5:30 PM|
|Embassy Suites – Centennial Park||Walk||Walk to GWCC|
|Glenn Hotel||Walk||Walk to GWCC|
|Hilton Hotel Atlanta||3||Load at Marriott Marquis Motor Lobby – Across Courtland St.|
|Hilton Garden Inn – Downtown||4||Load At Hilton Garden Inn – Baker St|
|Hotel Indigo – Downtown||2||Load at Westin Motor Lobby- Ted Turner Blvd|
|Hyatt House- Downtown||4||Load at Springhill Suites-Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd|
|Hyatt Place – Centennial Park||4||Load At Hilton Garden Inn – Baker St|
|Springhill Suites-Downtown||2||Load at Springhill Suites-Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd|
|The American Hotel||2||Load at Westin Motor Lobby- Ted Turner Blvd|
|The Ritz-Carlton, Downtown||1||Load on Ellis Street|
|Westin Peachtree Plaza||2||Load at Westin Motor Lobby- Ted Turner Blvd|
|Monday, May 16th||11:00 AM – 4:00 PM||15-20 Minutes|
|Tuesday, May 17th||7:00 AM – 9:00 AM||15-20 Minutes|
|4:30 PM – 6:30 PM||15-20 Minutes|
|Wednesday, May 18th||7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||15-20 Minutes|
|5:00PM – 6:30PM||15-20 Minutes|
|Thursday, May 19th||7:00 AM – 9:00 AM||15-20 Minutes|
|5:00PM – 6:30PM||15-20 Minutes|
- Schedule May Vary due to Trafﬁc & Weather Conditions
- For Schedule Information & Special Assistance: 404-781-6704
- Please call at least 45 Minutes prior to desired pick-up time
After arriving at the Georgia World Congress Center Exhibit Hall A, follow the signage to the Workhuman Live registration area on Level 4.
Be prepared to show your Crowdpass QR code and ID verification in your Workhuman Live app (Download on iOS or Android). Anyone needing special assistance will be escorted to the front of the Crowdpass queue, scanned and escorted directly to the ADA check in kiosk.
Once verified, check in at a kiosk, verify/change the information on your badge, and pick up your badge at the door to Workhuman Central. Your name badge serves as entry to all conference functions, including evening events.
The registration desk is open during the following hours:
- Monday, May 16: 10 AM – 5 PM
- Tuesday, May 17: 7 AM – 5 PM
- Wednesday, May 18: 7 AM – 5 PM
- Thursday, May 19: 7 AM – 2 PM
Getting around the conference
The Georgia World Congress Center is 3.9 million square feet, but our clear signage will make it easy to find the way. Workhuman Live will utilize all the floors in Exhibit Hall A. Registration is on Level 4, which is on the street level. (Fun fact: There is no Level 2 in Exhibit Hall A because Level 1 is double the normal height.)
The Georgia World Congress Center is fully accessible to all visitors. Learn more here.
- Gratitude BarWhether you give it or you get it, a little gratitude goes a long way. See what it feels like firsthand and recognize another human at Workhuman® Live.
- Demo stationsWhat does it really mean to Workhuman? Stop by one of our demo stations in Workhuman Central to see Thank, Talk, Celebrate, and Listen in action!
- Workhuman IQDiscover Workhuman® iQ. Powered by AI and the points of human connection within your company, Workhuman iQ combines data and actionable insights from across the Workhuman Cloud® to deliver guided narratives for improving employee experience and building cultures that last.
- Recharge ParkletsNothing works to recharge the human spirit like nature. That’s why we’ve brought some indoors. Take a load off at one of our parklets, charge your phone, soak in the scenery, and maybe make a new friend or two while you unwind.
- Workhuman StudioDid you want to hear more from a speaker? Stop by Workhuman® Studio to watch keynotes and speakers interviewed live.
- MuralistAlso known as GFB3, is a Nebraska-born, Detroit-grown, and Atlanta-raised creator. Currently the creative director of Foster, a studio-collective striving to make people unafraid to play, his artist superpower is engaging the inner-child in all of us. And he’s here to do just that, wielding instruments of design, illustration, and production to create a playful, unforgettable experience.
- Braindate LoungeBraindates are one-on-one or small group conversations based on topics posted by you and fellow participants. They can be used to brainstorm, solve challenges, share expertise or experiences while meeting new (brilliant!) humans like yourself. And they all take place in the Braindate Lounge.
- Bookstore/CaféThis brings new meaning to the word lookbook. That’s right – no need to buy a second suitcase to lug these reads home. Just peruse our copies, pick whatever strikes your fancy, and we’ll ship it directly to your doorstep.
- Totes & BottlesLearn more about the commitment to put your company or yourself at the heart of a more human workplace with Workhuman® Certified – and do some good while you’re at it. Grab a Fill it Forward bottle and help fund projects that get much-needed water to humans each time you reuse it. And for some swag, pick a bag with your fave saying – whatever floats your tote!
- HeadshotsYour charming, hilarious, bashful, extroverted, mysterious, complicated, gorgeous self. And let us capture you in this amazing moment at one of our photo stations. You’re perfect just as you are. And all the wonderful things that make you you, also make your perspective one that’s invaluable to your company and this community.
Networking with your humans (Braindates)
Workhuman Live is all about making new connections and having meaningful discussions. In addition to striking up conversations the old-fashioned way, get high tech with Braindate, available for use in the event app.
These one-on-one and small group knowledge-sharing conversations are a great way to brainstorm, solve challenges, and share expertise while connecting with new (brilliant!) people.
How to book a Braindate?
- Log in to Braindate to create your profile:
- Explore the Topic Market: participants post Braindate Topics here, related to discussions you’d like to have with others during the event. You can invite anyone to meet based on your topic.
- Post your own Braindate Topics about discussions you’d like to have.
- Book your Braindates by sending and accepting discussion invitations.
- Have your Braindates on-site in the Braindate Lounge.
Attending special events
If you are attending a Workhuman Live event that takes place outside of the GWCC, please ensure you have your badge with you. It is part of our safety policy that anyone without a badge will not be allowed into the special event.
If you have any questions or concerns while you’re on-site, you can:
- Visit our FAQ page.
- Contact us via the “Helping Humans” tab on the Workhuman Live app.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flag down any person with a Workhuman Live shirt.
- Talk to a member of the Downtown Ambassador Program – a public safety team who can offer free assistance, directions, or an escort to any downtown location. We’re happy to say that Downtown Atlanta is extremely safe. However, if you ever feel uncomfortable getting to your destination, please call them (404-215-9600) or text them (404-732-4200) for an escort.
Grabbing a bite
We want you to have a chance to enjoy the local cuisine, so unless otherwise specified, lunch will be the only meal provided at the conference. Here are a few of our fav spots to check out:
At the top of the Glenn Hotel, you’ll find a sophisticated rooftop lounge featuring expertly crafted cocktails, small plates, and a remarkable view
Atlanta’s ultimate sports bar, Stats satisfies your craving for tasty pub food and boasts an amazing view of the Centennial Olympic Park.
Giant pretzels, bratwurst, and draft beer – Der Biergarten offers you a taste of Germany and ample outdoor seating.
Enjoy a 360-degree view of Atlanta from this upscale, farm-to-table restaurant at the top of the Westin Peachtree Plaza.
Specializing in delicious, sizzling steaks and an unforgettable dining experience, Ruth’s Chris Steak House overlooks Centennial Olympic Park.
Travel & Housing
Make the most of your time in Atlanta with our insider’s guide to hotels, transportation, and amenities.
The WHL Experience
The best HR conference is back. Meet us in Atlanta for big names, big experiences, and big takeaways.
If you’ve been to Workhuman Live, you know it’s all about the experience both inside and outside the venue. And this year, we’re going to the city in the forest: Atlanta.